I’m interested in internship opportunities in data science, quantitative analysis, and software engineering. I am available for the next internship cycle (2021 summer). Send me an email if you think I am a good match for your company. My resume is available upon request.
Here is a list of some interesting classes I have taken at MIT:
U=Undergraduate, A=Advanced Undergraduate, G=Graduate
18.701-2: Abstract Algebra (A), 18.650: Statistics for Applications (A), 18.211: Combinatorial Analysis (U), 6.046: Design and Analysis of Algorithms (A), 6.890: Machine Learning Augmented Algorithms (G), 6.867: Machine Learning (G), 6.864: Advanced Natural Language Processing (G), 6.804: Computational Cognitive Science (A), 6.840: Theory of Computation (A), 14.02: Macroeconomics (U)
- (Prospective) Software Engineering Intern, Facebook Inc, Seattle, WA (June 2020-August 2020)
- Software Engineering Intern, Kensho Technologies, New York City, NY (June 2019 – August 2019)
- Data Science Intern, QuantCo Inc, Cambridge, MA (June 2018-August 2018)
- Remote Research Assistant, University of California, Irvine. Researched under Dr. Wayne Hayes on algorithmic improvement of queries in biological networks. (June 2016-June 2017)
Journal and Conference Publications
- Adib Hasan, Po-Chien Chung and Wayne Hayes. Graphettes: Constant-time determination of graphlet and orbit identity including (possibly disconnected) graphlets up to size 8. PLoS ONE, 2017.
Books & Articles
- Adib Hasan, Ahmed Zawad Chowdhury and Joydip Saha. An Introduction to Combinatorics (Part 1, Part 2). Dimik Publications, 2019. I’ve also open-sourced the book’s template.
- Adib Hasan and Thanic Nur Samin. The Method of Indirect Descent (Part II). Crux Mathematicorum, volume 44, number 4, April 2018.
- Adib Hasan. The Method of Indirect Descent (Part I). Crux Mathematicorum, volume 44, number 3, March 2018.
Software and Packages
- Smart Heap, Machine learning augmented binary heap that predicts future operations and optimizes average cost per operation accordingly. It turned out to be 40% faster than classical binary heap.
- LaTeXbangla, a package that simplifies the process of writing Bangla documents in LaTeX.
- Faye: Fast querying in large biological network databases in presence of noise.