I’m interested in internship opportunities in data science, quantitative analysis, and software engineering. I am available for the next internship cycle (2020 summer). Send me an email if you think I am a good match for your company. My resume is available upon request.
When I am in Bangladesh (usually during January or August), I might be available for the following services:
- I’ll review source code written by your firm/startup, and teach good coding practices to your employees.
- I’ll revise source code for any book written in LaTeX. In particular, I’ll fix issues, and advise on document preparation.
I’ve listed the previous two services only to assist Bangladeshi developers and authors. If you think you need my help, just send me an email.
Here is a list of some interesting classes I have taken at MIT:
U=Undergraduate, A=Advanced Undergraduate, G=Graduate
18.701-2: Abstract Algebra (A), 18.650: Statistics for Applications (A), 18.901: Introduction to Topology (U), 6.046: Design and Analysis of Algorithms (U), 6.890: Machine Learning Augmented Algorithms (G), 6.867: Machine Learning (G), 6.804: Computational Cognitive Science (A).
- Software Engineering Intern, Kensho Technologies, New York City (June 2019 – August 2019)
- Data Science Intern, QuantCo Inc, Cambridge, MA (June 2018-August 2018)
- Remote Research Assistant, University of California, Irvine. Researched under Dr. Wayne Hayes on algorithmic improvement of queries in biological networks. (June 2016-June 2017)
Journal and Conference Publications
- Adib Hasan, Po-Chien Chung and Wayne Hayes. Graphettes: Constant-time determination of graphlet and orbit identity including (possibly disconnected) graphlets up to size 8. PLoS ONE, 2017.
Books & Articles
- Adib Hasan, Ahmed Zawad Chowdhury and Joydip Saha. An Introduction to Combinatorics (Part 1, Part 2). Dimik Publications, 2019. I’ve also open-sourced the book’s template.
- Adib Hasan and Thanic Nur Samin. The Method of Indirect Descent (Part II). Crux Mathematicorum, volume 44, number 4, April 2018.
- Adib Hasan. The Method of Indirect Descent (Part I). Crux Mathematicorum, volume 44, number 3, March 2018.
Software and Packages
- Smart Heap, Machine learning augmented binary heap that predicts future operations and optimizes average cost per operation accordingly. It turned out to be 40% faster than classical binary heap.
- LaTeXbangla, a package that simplifies the process of writing Bangla documents in LaTeX.
- Faye: Fast querying in large biological network databases in presence of noise.